IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wednesday

There is beauty where you are. Do you see it?
There is beauty in your soul. Can you feel it?
There is beauty in the person standing next to you. Are you able to appreciate it?
There is beauty in places where you have never noticed it before. Uncover that hidden beauty, and you'll discover a whole new level of joyfulness in life. ~Ralph Marston
Today I am grateful...
  • to be surrounded by books, art supplies and music. What luxuries!
  • for a loving sponsor that always lifts everyone's spirits
  • for friends that love me and protect my sobriety
  • for a little black and white companion with a Betty Boop head
  • to live in the grace of a Higher Power
Our defects are like the bars of a cage. The central point is not to study the bars, but get out of the cage. ~Anonymous
God, help me be so clear on who I am that I can generously afford to let other people be who they are, too. Help me to set aside my defensive behavior, and teach me to blend with other people and see their point of view while not relinquishing my own. ~Melody Beattie

6 comments:

Trudging said...

I just came back from Wal-Mart. I forgot to look for the beauty.

Sunshine said...

WOW!!! Such a moving and thought provoking post! LOVE the Ralph Marston and Melody Beattie. I've got a MB book on Gratitude that lifts me every time. : ) Betty Boop head made me laugh. You are a bright shining light of what recovery looks like in action!

Shannon said...

hee hee for a little black and white companion with a Betty Boop head- I just loved this

and thanks for reminding me of the beauty that surrounds me : )

I think you lift everyone's spirits too and I am grateful

Meg Moran said...

Bunny-Boop!!

Anonymous said...

omg..lol..betty boop head! hehehe

I love your first on your list..
vital as food isn't it all ?!

Thanks for sharing~

piglet said...

i love that short poem !!!!

p.s. i am working on my tag about jobs. it's harder than i thought to try and re-remember days gone by.