IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Monday, December 11, 2006

Winners

Winners strive for unity in their service efforts. Winners practice putting "principles before personalities." Winners remember the principle of anonymity, doing the principled action no matter who is involved. Winners keep a sense of humor. Winners have the ability to laugh at themselves. And when winners laugh, they laugh with you, not at you.
Today I am grateful...
  • to have found a way to trust the process
  • that Dave and Mary Catherine post early so I can read them first thing every day (almost)
  • for vigilance and redirected thoughts
  • for letting go of the outcome and the practice that takes
  • for snail mail Christmas cards
Who are the winners in (Alcoholics) Anonymous? Any one of us can be considered a winner. All of us exhibit some of the traits of the winner; sometimes we come very close to the ideal, sometimes we don't. If we are (sober) today and working our program to the best of our ability, we are winners!
~today's quotes are from the NA Just for Today book.

7 comments:

dAAve said...

The only reason I get up early and post on my blog is so that you'll have something to read.
Also, would you care to test-drive my new Edsel?

Pammie said...

Hey, I want to be one of those "winner people" they sound so "together" :)
I think trusting the process is the hardest part of all....big pay offs...but hard to do none the less.

JJ said...

I think you are a winner. Sorry I wasn't myself last night on the phone.
I do love you bro,
JJ

Meg Moran said...

geesh I want to be a winner today..and I usually can find it..but today is one of those dark loser days..... this too shall pass
thanks for your post, it helps

Anonymous said...

Letting go of outcomes! Ack! That's a toughie for me...

"Let go, and then let go some more"... is a great slogan...

Anonymous said...

it was good to see you today. you're a weiner in my book, foo.

Mary Christine said...

I feel the same way about Daave posting early. It really freaked me out last week when his computer was down.