IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Sunday, July 9, 2006

07.09.06

To an alcoholic, changing drinks is like changing cabins on the Titanic. ~Unknown

Today I am grateful...
  • to have heard another's story of recovery that included fifteen years working in the General Services Office in New York City
  • that someone will start a new topic on Sobriety Society
  • to have received a Houston Roundup flyer in the mail, meaning fall is approaching
  • that Boston is posting again
  • that humans exhibit human nature and I can learn from that


The spiritual journey involves going beyond hope and fear, stepping into unknown territory, continually moving forward. The most important aspect of being on the spiritual path may be just to keep moving. ~Pema Chodron

7 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

"just keep going..." was something one of my former sponsors used to tell me as we completed a step... it's some real good advice...

I too am looking forward to a new sobriety society topic!

Jonathan29 said...

It was so good seeing you last night! Have a happy Sunday!

lash505 said...

You asked me once to join try again.

dAAve said...

I heard a similar story Saturday night.

Anonymous said...

Hi scott. I love you.

Unknown said...

Hi Scott,

I posted a topic at the end of last weeks meeting.

I love this part of your Pema Chodron ~ continually moving forward

Great stuff just keep moving.

Scott W said...

Thanks, Gwen. It has been copied and posted.