IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

04.18.06

My Mom, Betty Jo
aka Bunny (my first teacher)


Because I feel that in the heavens above
The angels, whispering one to another,
Can find among their burning tears of love,
None so devotional as that of "Mother,"
Therefore, by that dear name I have long called you,
You who are more than mother unto me.
~Edgar Allan Poe


Today I am grateful...
  • for my Mother's love, which to this day nourishes me
  • that today I can celebrate what would have been Mom's 80th birthday
  • that my higher power, in feminine form, guides me daily
  • that while sitting for prayer and meditation I experience no fear

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. ~Washington Irving

10 comments:

Sunshine said...

That's beautiful. Your mother can see you & this. Thank you, on her behalf for such touching words.

dAAve said...

thanks
(and you know where I'm coming from)

Unknown said...

Moved me...very beautiful.

Scott M. Frey said...

Happy Birthday to your mom/HP... I have a wonderful relationship with my mom too. It really got great once I got sober.

JJ said...

WAAAAAAAAA I miss my mom.
I see you,
JJ

Unknown said...

Scott,
Laurie Anderson on the way to yahoo account

Gooey Munster said...

What a beautiful post. Today it helps me to reflect where I am at in the relationship with my Mom. Thank you for expressing your gratitude for the love and mentorship your mom gave you.

Anonymous said...

My beautiful Mother, from whom I learned so so much. How I miss her. I especially miss her hugs, she had the absolute best hugs of anyone on this planet. I think Scott would agree with me. I learned how to be a mother from her and my son has thanked me for it. Mom is thought of often and missed daily. So and I both named our pups after her nickname "Bunny". What I wouldn't give for 10 minutes with her. I am glad that she can see me with the horses that I longed for for years. I know that she is smiling the biggest smile in Heaven.

Here's to you Mom, you raised three good kids and we all love you.

Lisa

Shannon said...

Scott,
you look like her

thanks for sharing this I am touched
happy birthday Bunny!

Anonymous said...

very refreshing blog, good job...palm sunday devotionals that page is good as
well.for audio bible..keep up the good work!