IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

03.15.06

Today I am grateful...
  • for the lamp of recovery that other's have carried to light the path
  • that I now can share in the carrying of that lamp
  • for the passage below that so eloquently expresses my feelings about God's will
  • for the opportunity to lead today's speaker meeting and to hear Frank J's story
  • for the WE of the program. What a relief!
Our lives are continually in motion, buoyed by the wave that is the universe's flow. As the wave rises and falls, we are carried forward, through life's high and low points. The universe's flow may take us to a place in life where we would rather not be. As tempting as it can be to fight the direction and size of this wave that propels us, riding the wave is intended to make life easier. When you ride the wave, your life can evolve naturally and with minimal effort. Riding the wave, however, is not a passive experience. It is an active process that requires you to be attentive, centered, and awake. You must also practice stillness so you can flow with, rather than resist the wave's motion. ~Today's DailyOm

5 comments:

JJ said...

Happy Wednesday to you bro.
I see you,
JJ

Shannon said...

i love that analogy about the lamp, I am gratefull too thanks Scotty

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Excellent lamp analogy.

Today, I had a newcommer, remind me that we take life, one day at a time. Sometimes, I need to hear that stuff too.

dAAve said...

What a coincidence!!
I heard a Frank J. speak at an AA meeting today as well.

lash505 said...

Thats was really beautiful