IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

01.31.06

Today I am grateful...
  • that I haven't had any fever since yesterday
  • the sore throat, dry cough and stuffiness could be worse, and would be a lot worse if I was still drinking
  • that I was able to go to Lambda this morning, pay some bills and write payroll checks
  • for naps, naps, naps
  • for ginger tea. I have a new recipe, large bottle of apple juice and a large ginger root thinly sliced, simmer it for 30 min and it's ready to sooth the fiercest sore throat.
  • that my choice today is to stay sober

8 comments:

dAAve said...

bet getter

JJ said...

That new ginger recipe sounds great. I will have to try it. When I find the fuck'n strength.......blahhhhhhhhh
I hope you feel better soon,
JJ

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better brother.

So

Scott W said...

That was earlier. Right now I am running a fever of 100.8 and feel poopy. On a good note, Jim made some old white trash tuna noodle casserole for dinner.

Unknown said...

Getting better....

Shannon said...

I am sorry to hear that you feel poopy... stay in bed and drink your tea... and I will try that next time me and or a family member gets a sore throat...

Sam said...

The ginger/apple recipe sounds delicious. Have to try it...

"old white trash tuna noodle casserole"
Funny.

Trudging said...

Are you feeling any better???