IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Thursday, December 29, 2005

12.29.05

The heart of AA is the act of one person giving to another.

Today I am grateful...
  • for a little financial relief
  • that HP shows me daily how I need to monitor my thoughts
  • that today I need to concentrate on time management, all of a sudden my schedule is full
  • for sacrifices and rewards, patience and a well stocked spiritual life
  • that I remembered to record Project Runway last night
You can't make a horse drink water if he still prefers beer or is too crazy to know what he does want. Set a pail of water beside him, tell him how good it is and why, and leave him alone. If people really want to get drunk, there is, so far as I know, no way stopping this--so leave them alone and let them get drunk. But don't exclude them from the water pail, either. -Bill W, letter 1942

1 comment:

dAAve said...

Lee Marvin's horse in Cat Ballou.

nuff said 'bout that

I am so glad you're getting some work and being rewarded monetarily for it; it's about time