IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

12.28.05

Today I am grateful...
  • that I can step back into a situation, wary from previous experience and approach it with calm and equanimity
  • that today I will attempt fairness in all my actions
  • for friends that are accountable
  • that we can often gauge our actions by watching the progress of others
  • that today I can enjoy the fruits of faith and trust

Personally, I take the attitude that I intend never to drink again. This is somewhat different from saying, 'I will never drink again.' The latter attitude sometimes gets people in trouble because it is undertaking on a personal basis to do what we alcoholics never could do. It is too much an act of will and leaves too little room for the idea that God will release us from the drink obsession provided we follow the A.A. program.--Bill W

5 comments:

JJ said...

Just stopping in to say once again that I am grateful for you.
I see you,
JJ

Shannon said...

I just love you Scott...

that I can step back into a situation, wary from previous experience and approach it with calm and equanimity- I sure wish I was better at this... hee hee just having a rough day at work and this made me smile- at the moment very little calm to the situations I am in at work- something to work towards

Shannon said...

oh I hope I didnt come off as a brat, wasnt meaning to... I love reading your positiveness... it always makes me calmer... thanks... been realllllly high strung at work lately... :)

and I like the quote from Bill thanks

Scott W said...

Shan, no apologies necessary. I am pretty easy going. I love you too, 'cos you are as sick as I am! LOL

Shannon said...

HA! that is true