IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Saturday, November 26, 2005

11.26.05

And we have come so far. Sometimes by leaps, sometimes with tiny steps, sometimes kicking and screaming all the while, sometimes with sleeves rolled up and white knuckles, we've learned. Grown. Changed. --The Language of Letting Go

-I have recently been kicking and screaming all the while, but I wouldn't change it because there are some old seams that need to be busted. The growth will happen of its own accord.

I immediately release everything I am struggling with today. I release everything to my Higher Power, knowing that I am getting all the help that I need today. --Ruth Fishel

-I thanked God today for accepting my will and my life today, for giving me knowledge of His will and the power to carry that out.

Love is a fruit in season at all times, and in reach of every hand. --Mother Teresa

-I was surrounded by love yesterday at the Roundup. People were generous with their love. I was held up by two of my brothers in particular--the two Ds.

God will heal your broken heart if you give Him all the pieces.--unknown

-My heart heals daily, I have offered up my difficulties and daily offer thanks for their removal--that victory over them will take down the wall between me and my Higher Power. As that happens I am able to move closer to my fellows.

Say your truth—kindly, but fully and completely. Live your truth, gently, but totally and consistently. Change your truth easily and quickly when your experience brings you new clarity.--CwG

-Last night I had a moment of clarity during the Roundup play. As I sat in that room with hundreds of gay men and lesbians (and a few straight people) I was well aware I was sitting within my own frustrations. I wasn't sure why or from where it came, but I had this overwhelming experience that the only one that would be with me always was my Higher Power. On the way home I offered a prayer of gratitude that I am developing a strong relationship with the God of my understanding.

-Today I will continue to do what God shows me as the next right thing. I will keep my eyes open. I know what to do. I know how to do it. I know that if I can just walk through whatever this is that is clouding my thoughts that there is a clearing on the other side.

-Today I am grateful. And today I will shed a few tears, because sometimes there is more room outside than there is inside.

5 comments:

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I love your gratitude list, Scott.

I once heard at a meeting, when we think things are falling apart, they are actually falling together.

Have a good day.

dAAve said...

Oh dear.
Those last 2 lines nearly slaughtered me.

JJ said...

-Today I am grateful. And today I will shed a few tears, because sometimes there is more room outside than there is inside.

Amen!
I see you,
JJ

One Drunk to Another said...

Roundups always clear things up for me. Thanks for a wonderful post, Scott.

Unknown said...

go blog go!