IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Friday, November 25, 2005

11.25.05

The 12 Steps in Plain English
1. Alcohol will kill me.

2. There's a power that wants me to live.
3. Do I want to live or die? (if you want to die, stop here)
4. Write about how I got to where I am.
5. Tell another person all about me (let God listen).
6. Want to change.
7. Ask a power greater than me to help me change.
8. Write down who I've hurt.
9. Fix what I can without hurting anyone else.
10. Accept that I'm human and will screw up. Fix it immediately.
11. Ask a power greater than me to show me how to live.
12. Keep doing 1 through 11 and pass it on.

Today I am grateful...
  • that yesterday was the OFFICIAL day of gratitude, my favorite subject
  • that even though I woke up yesterday in a funk and the workers showed up on a holiday and began running the saw and nail gun I was able to go back to bed and pray until I fell asleep so I could wake up and start my day over. That is something I learned from the program and have never had to use before. I woke and wasn't up to speed, but was better.
  • for the abundance of love and gratitude at yesterday's noon meeting attended by over 200 souls
  • for Bob S, our elder statesman, who at 82 and having bypass surgery a year ago has more energy than I. He got to lead his annual gratitude meeting yesterday and was fabulous.
  • that I got to meet out-of-town bloggers
  • that I got to eat some great food at Lambda (and not over do it) then have dinner with Randall and Jim. Fried turkey, cornbread stuffing, 3 cranberry sauces, brussels sprouts, chess pie and pumpkin pie.
  • that I will attend the Roundup
  • that I get to lead the noon meeting and found the topic (read page 449)

Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it.

3 comments:

JJ said...

Wonderful post. I love people that speak plain English - straight and to the point.
I SEE YOU,
JJ

Shannon said...

Cool... I loved the 12 steps in plain English, and so did my husband.. you are way cool Scott.. have a great day! thanks as always for you list. :)

dAAve said...

(see above comments)

neato and groovy 12-step talk