IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Thursday, July 21, 2005

07.21.05

Today I am grateful...
  • to have been so moved by someone's story yesterday. That the power of the fellowship can, has and will save lives. That someone can be so vulnerable in front of a group of people astonishes me. I have great respect for her story and her life.
  • that I miss hugs from Mom
  • for a free ticket on the happiness train (Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.-Margaret Lee Runbeck. Thanks, Dave.)
  • that there are many who understand me simply because we share a common condition
  • that I have no hold on yesterday and tomorrow will never get here
  • for secrets shared with those who care
  • that I am blessed in more ways than I could ever count

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Mom's hugs too, they were the best.

So

Anonymous said...

G'day, just wanted to say that I like your blog, and that I am feeling very blessed myself these days.

I'm a gay Aussie guy, also in recovery. I came to my first meeting at the age of 26 and finally got sobriety a few months later on 15th July 1992. One day at a time I have been sober and clean ever since.

I "maintain my spiritual condition" these days through both 12 Step and Buddhist Practise. I am actually currently in the ordination process within my spiritual community (Western Buddhist Order).

Anyways Scott, be well and happy, and I will come back from time to time and visit your blog.

Bodhi :-)
Sydney, Australia