IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

07.19.05

Today I am grateful...
  • that sobriety has pervaded my psyche to the point that I have sober dreams
  • to have met Luke and the gift of getting to know his mom
  • for the reconditioning as the result of doing the steps which helps the tenth step fit into place, naturally
  • for the inherent blessings of today
  • for the following from Hazelden: Ours is an illness of more. More! More! More! The greed of addiction decays the soul and leaves us to desperately try to fill the hole that is left behind, but there is never enough. The greed of addiction also keeps us running from the responsibility of a relationship with our Higher Power. Over time we're left with great spiritual pain. Recovery asks us to replace greed with gratitude. If we are sober today, that is enough. We should be grateful. If we can make one person smile today, that is enough. We should be grateful. If we have a place to rest our head and food to nourish our body, that is enough. We should be grateful. As our needs are met, we give thanks instead of demanding more.

5 comments:

Recovery Road London said...

Good for you. I have occassional drinking dreams...pretty mad stuff.

Anonymous said...

I get to smile when I get my hugs from you !!You show in your eyes the love you have for the rest of us !!Thanks for sending me this blog as you know my puter is ill !!This makes another gratitude for me..xoxox's

One Drunk to Another said...

Hiya Scott! No major comment, just a hello from me to you today!

dAAve said...

Hiya Scott! No major comment, just a hello from me to you today!

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Just saying hello, Scott. I will be away from the blogosphre for about ten days.

Be well, one day at a time.