IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

07.13.05

Today I am grateful...

  • that Barbara is finding herself in her soul searching
  • that I was able to sever ties with the Baptist religion in which I was raised, to know early on that it was exclusive of me and to eventually discover that I cannot grow in such restricted spaces
  • that in that severance I found the freedom of strength, hope and faith in a Higher Power that guides my soul on its journey
  • for the heartfelt shares at yesterday's noon meeting; pain, hope, strength, experience
  • for the blessing of some insight into my inner workings and the sometimes overwhelming joy at just knowing that I am on a secure path
  • for fourteen days of freedom from nicotine
  • for thoughts and prayers for those still suffering, both inside and outside of the rooms
  • that today I have more answers than I have questions, it's twenty-four hours at a time


All the words I have yet to read
All the feelings I have yet to feel
All the people I have yet to meet
All the prayers I have yet to say
All the doors I have yet to open

10 comments:

dAAve said...

Having attended the same meeting to which you refer, I too was moved by the pain and gut-wrenching shares by those still suffering.

I can say this BECAUSE I CARE and I still have less than 2 years of sobriety.

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Thank you for the beautiful words, Scott. Did you receive the Hazelton link? It really is a good way to begin the day.

And I am grateful for you sending that link, but I was unable to figure it out. My son will help me, I hope today when he comes here.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Queen Noor says, and you can quote her, "ditto."

JJ said...

Good work on the nicotine! I haven't the will to stop smoking yet. Maybe someday.
Peace,
JJ

One Drunk to Another said...

Yay yay yay on the no nicotine!!!! I am proud of you!!!

Redhead Gal said...

Good going on the cancer sticks! Keep it up!

Phil said...

I'm in awe over the cigs. How will you spend all the money you're not spending on cigs???

Trudging said...

Hey that is great news about the cigs. The freedom is amazing!

Scott W said...

I haven't really thought much about the money saved, although it will be considerable over time. Sunday I bought a book I didn't need but thought was pretty just because I knew I had saved some dough.

GirlRy said...

Congratulations on your two weeks of nicotine liberation!

I just quit myself as well - and I can tell you that four months of no cigarettes is an amazing feeling.

One day at a time!!