IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Friday, July 8, 2005

07.08.05

Today I am grateful...
  • to be more authentic than any other time in this lifetime
  • for the upsurge in attendance at the 12:15 meetings lately
  • to be a non-smoker with short lived cravings
  • that today I will trust that I will have everything I need every minute of the day
  • that today I want to be more of what I can be
  • that "We are people who normally would not mix. But there exists among us a fellowship, a friendliness, and an understanding which is indescribably wonderful."
  • that you and I will have a nice day if we want it
"One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things." --Henry Miller

4 comments:

dAAve said...

I regret that I will not be able to participate in that fellowship today. However, I AM doing service work directly related to that fellowship. My spirit shall attend.

One Drunk to Another said...

Love your gratitude, in this post and in all of them. That quote from the Big Book is so important to me. I just quoted from the words just below it on my blog the other day. How important the fellowship is in my life today. The family I have in AA sustains me. So glad to have you as a new member of my AA family! I love reading your blog!

Recovery Road London said...

"We are people who normally would not mix. But there exists among us a fellowship, a friendliness, and an understanding which is indescribably wonderful."

I love that quote and I love that part of the book. :-)

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Being a non-smoker, one day at a time, will make you feel better. I am proud of you. I have over 10 years now not smoking, and never thought it would happen.

Have a good day.