IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Thursday, May 5, 2005

What it was like, what happened and what it is like now

Today I am grateful to have heard Beau share his story at the Hump Day Speaker's Meeting. He spoke with great aplomb and took us down the path that never follows a straight line, that always veers so off the course that it leaves us left with the incomprehensible demoralization that all alcoholics recognize.

It is one of the great wonders of AA to hear my story told with someone else's script.

If you are interested in reading the stories of other alcoholics you may be moved and inspired. We, as humans, are all fighting the same great fight, to love ourselves and to love others. I challenge you today to look at your life and dare to see your own greatness.

1 comment:

dAAve said...

Some day I will tell the story of My Last 10 Years of drinking.

Oh. Wait a minute. I'm doing that thsi week - on my blog. Click on my name if you care to read.