IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Friday, May 20, 2005

05.20.05

Today I am grateful...
  • that my dear friend Kevin today celebrates one year of sobriety and a new life
  • for today's DailyOm meditation: ...don't get caught up in believing that your life has truly reached a standstill. There is always some choice or action, however small or seemingly insignificant, that will help you to abolish your roadblock and move ahead.
  • to have truly found an easier and softer way to lead my life through the program of AA
  • for the freedom from my own self-built prison
  • for moments of silence to remember the suffering addict, both inside and outside the rooms
  • for the following, page 19 of the Big Book, that knocked me down when I first read it: Those of us who live in large cities are overcome by the reflection that close by hundreds are dropping into oblivion every day.
  • to no longer be one of those who were trapped in that oblivion

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ciao from Venice, Italy
:)