IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, April 5, 2005

04.05.05

Today I am grateful...
  • to dream again about someone to whom I still need to make amends
  • that I paused long enough to let an answer find me
  • to have been able, after much frustration, to let the program of AA reel me in. The fierce battle between my God self and my ego self came to a rest, but only after some major surrendering was done.
  • that I feel no need to debate the if, how or why the program of AA works
  • that what works for me may be different than what works for you
  • for grammar, punctuation and spelling. I don't always get it right, but it's a fun game.

The third part of the Serenity Prayer goes like this: ...and wisdom to know the difference. I could change that to the wisdom and patience to wait until I can know the difference. What a gift patience can bring. There was something financially added to the pot recently and I needed to make a decision that could have long reaching effects. I asked GM to be able to turn it over and let it go, something still so foreign to me that I must practice it and keep it foremost in my consciousness. I was able to step through some fears and get to the other side. Not everything has been solved, but things have happened so I can breath easier for now.

One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life. -Chinese Proverb

No comments: