IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Sunday, November 18, 2012



Nine years ago today I woke from a lifetime of slumber to a surrender that only a Higher Power could have given me. Without consciously knowing I had given up my old life...it just happened. I didn't even give it a second thought. It was my psychic change. The previous night I was in a blackout binge that had gone on for five days. Gone were all the old thoughts that were only concerned with alcohol, they had been replaced with peace and serenity. Today I am grateful to continue down this path with all its collected gifts. I am grateful to give back what I have been so freely given. I am grateful to be leading a life, not having a life being led by drink. I have ridden past the hideous Four Horsemen, my former constant companions. I am grateful for an understanding of Who I Am and Why I Am Here.

5 comments:

Syd said...

Scott, good to read this post. Happy anniversary. So great to know that you are doing well.

S. Susan Deborah said...

Scott, happy to see this post. Time and again I visit your place to see if there are any posts.

Thank God you chose life on that day.

Be well.

Joy always,
Susan

dAAve said...

Cheers, mate.

Carol said...

I remember bumming when you went on hiatus. Thank God you are sober and our paths crossed, if only briefly!

Alexis said...

Congratulations on your achievement. It takes a lot to get where you are and I wanted to take a moment to congratulate you.