IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Spiritual Discipline

Discipline of yourself is absolutely necessary before the power of God is given to you. When you see others manifesting the power of God, you probably have not seen the discipline that went before. They made themselves ready. All your life is a preparation for more good to be accomplished when God knows that you are ready for it. So keep disciplining yourself in the spiritual life every day. Learn so much of the spiritual laws that your life cannot again be a failure. Others will see the outward manifestation of the inward discipline in your daily living. ~Twenty-Four Hours a Day

7076_extralarge

4 comments:

Syd said...

So true about discipline. I have been a disciplined person for so long but learning spiritual discipline opened an entirely different world to me.

drybottomgirl said...

Discipline is an absolute in my recovery program. If I start to stray or not do the things that keep me disciplined caos quickly filters back into my life. Discipline keeps me in my business, not everyone else's, which keeps me in the present, exactly where I need to be. Good post!

Smitty said...

Have I said this yet? I am glad you are back! I know from my own practice how valuable it can be to work with the wisdom of other writers and share that. I like your sharing of daily inspirations from your program work. I also long for your voice to come through, whenever you are moved ....

Scott M. Frey said...

discipline make the difference, no doubt about that... nice to "see" you again Scott!