Hitch your wagon to a star. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Today I am grateful…
- to have been able to share about the first step when I saw an acquaintance enter the room for the first time, then the welling of tears in my eyes as he took a desire chip
- that the CPA got my taxes finished and I am actually getting a small refund
- for the ability to set aside my plans and be spontaneous. This is SO different from the old days.
- to get this gigantic commission painting installed at the client’s today
- to realize for many, many days I owe everything my life is today to my sobriety (last night’s topic)
All of us are influenced by somebody. Not to be influenced is to remain an ignorant person. Most of us hinder our thinking, particularly around spiritual things, because of pride. We don't like change. We find it hard to accept attitudes and opinions that differ from our own. Pride keeps us deaf and often stupid. However, the daily program of a lived spirituality encourages a variety of opinions and attitudes. We can learn from different customs, lifestyles and religions. We can be helped in our understanding of life by the stranger. ~Fr Leo