We are always the same age inside. ~Gertrude Stein
Today I am grateful…
- for maintenance of my spiritual condition by attending a meditation program last night
- that I am welcome to as much joy or as much sorrow as I want today. They are both free for the taking. Thinking I will choose the joy part.
- that any worry I have today is rooted in fear, thus in reality, false
- to keep enough free space in my mind so that anything new has a chance to settle in
- that I don't understand everything--what good would that do?
Sun, Empty Room by Edward Hopper
Deep inside, we each have a child's spirit. We still have many of the feelings we had when we were young. Some of us have a hurting child inside. There's sadness, fear, or anger that hasn't gone away. We're still lonely, no matter how many people care about us. Our inner child needs special help to heal. We can be good parents to our inner child. We do this by being gentle and caring with ourselves. In time, this child can be a happy center in our hearts. ~Keep It Simple