I live today as I want to remember my life. ~Ruth Fishel
Today I am grateful…
- to return to a more normal eating pattern today. That holiday food made me feel toxic.
- that my spirit this Christmas seemed more in tune than in many, many years
- for sober relationships with people that really get me
- that this morning I am not having to deal with any results of having put alcohol into my body yesterday
- that my sister has her son home for the holiday weekend and Lou has her son with her
Anytime we forget to let go, life will jog us back into remembering. There is nothing that we can cling to in this world. Ultimately, all that we hold dear will require us to let go, in some shape or form. That child will grow up and leave home. That love relationship that's going so wonderfully? A new cycle will come, in its time. That friendship will change. That job you thought you'd always have? Oops, the company merged. Your position is changed.
Let yourself bond. Get close to that woman or man. Let yourself enjoy being friends with the best friend you've ever had. Be a loving parent, 100 percent. Throw yourself into that job with all your heart and soul.
But your security and joy are not in that other person or job. The magic is in you. ~More Language of Letting Go