I like a man with faults, especially when he knows it. To err is human – I'm uncomfortable around gods. ~Hugh Prather
Today I am grateful…
- to be reminded from a post on Lou’s blog about how I used to wish there were a button I could push to make things better. I now know the WORK is what gets us to where we wish to be. A button like that would not take care of the causes behind my alcoholism.
- that I was willing to do the work, somehow, when I came back into the rooms of AA
- that I have been able to share with a friend how to start painting. He sent me a photo last night of his first layout, and it knocked my socks off.
- that I am more in the mood for Christmas this year than I have been in decades
- that my Higher Power has shown me that in a tear of gratitude holds all the love I need, all the spiritual growth I crave, all the acceptance I need to move me through this life in a human body
Each day, ask God what God wants us to do today; then ask God to help. A simple request, but so profound and far reaching it can take us anywhere we need to go.
Listen: all that we want, all that we need, all the answers, all the help, all the good, all the love, all the healing, all the wisdom, all the fulfillment of desire is embodied in this simple request. We need say no more than Thank You.
This Plan that has been made for us is not one of deprivation. It is one of fullness, joy, and abundance. Walk into it.
See for yourself. ~The Language of Letting Go