Spend unbroken chunks of time with the most important people in your life. ~Brian Tracy
Today I am grateful…
- to have slept under heavy covers unfretted and unfettered
- that somehow I remain honest, open-minded and willing
- that last night I watched someone’s face as they listened to their friend share about service work. His face was beaming with love and pride for his friend that has grown greatly over her first six months back in the program.
- to have had lunch with three men that have known each other since they were in grade school. They are all sixty-nine years old now.
- that my Higher Power delivered a custom made day today
Photo by Mauro Acchione
Living with paradox is part of my sobriety. Things are never quite what they seem. When I think I have something figured out, I am made to be confused again especially around my life, relationships, people, events and the universe. Life is both simple and incomprehensible. God seems to demand an agnostic faith! There is so much I do not know or understand.
But all of this leads to a creative and exciting sobriety. It makes life an adventure. It feeds that artistic part of me that is reborn in my sobriety. Things I used to dislike when I drank, I now enjoy. People and writers that once bored me now fascinate me; even modern art has a spiritual message! ~Fr Leo