IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Sunday, November 22, 2009

11.22.09

To change your reality, simply stop thinking like that. ~Conversations with God

Today I am grateful…

  • for the joy of celebrating with others last night
  • for fellowship before and after
  • that while I know we are a group that would not normally mix, sometimes it confuses me
  • for compassion. I am working on having more of it.
  • that sleeping in this cool weather is pure luxury

meetings2

You can mouth the words of a prayer all day long and just waste your time, unless you also speak with your heart. And to speak with your heart means to embody first. If you pray for love, be loving. If you pray for wealth, be generous. If you pray for health, practice health yourself. What is your favorite prayer? How can you begin to embody it? ~God Wants You to Know

8 comments:

Pammie said...

I identify with those blue guys in the circle.
I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself last night.

Enchanted Oak said...

Come by my place to a beautiful prayer song today.

dAAve said...

Cool picture. Who's the guy in green?

Lou said...

I like how you look at things.

Bill said...

I frequently tell myself "Stop thinking like that!"

One of my favorite prayers is the St. Francis Prayer, and it helps me stop thinking "like that."

Mary Christine said...

I dig the red guys...

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Yes, Yes on the groups that wouldn't normally mix and the cool sleeping weather!

Syd said...

I appreciate compassion and recognize it immediately.