Frank Lloyd Wright’s masterpiece, Falling Water
If you want guarantees in life, then you don’t want life. You want rehearsals for a script that’s already been written. Life by its nature cannot have guarantees, or its whole purpose is thwarted. ~Conversations with God
Today I am grateful…
- that experience tells me that if I take the step in front of me I probably won’t trip today. If I do then I can just get right back up and take the next one.
- that today I do not have to play off someone’s pain or loss to gain self adulation
- that yesterday afternoon I and a friend totally escaped by seeing September Issue
- that Sesame Street celebrates 40 years. It was not a part of my childhood, but it has delighted million of children and taught some seeking the freedoms we have to learn a new language
- that often I feel intense gratitude, like a friend standing at my back with its arms around my chest
What is not love is fear. Anger is one of fear's most potent faces.
And it does exactly what fear wants it to do. It keeps us from
receiving love at exactly the moment when we need it most.