IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Thursday, November 5, 2009

11.05.09

I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way -- things I had no words for. ~Georgia O'Keeffe

Today I am grateful...
  • that I do not have to apologize to anyone for my sobriety
  • that I can live in a flow of gratitude
  • that I have been given the grace to want to write a gratitude list daily
  • that every day I concentrate on turning things over and letting them go in an attempt to express my gratitude to my Higher Power. I strive for trust.
  • that I forget that you may have the same feelings as I, that you may be hurting or you may have the same feelings of fear
  • for prayers for those who no longer come to meetings at Lambda. There are newcomers that will not know their experience, strength and hope.
  • that today I will try hard not to whine
Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these- Susan B. Anthony

No comments: