IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

11.03.09

There is nothing so moving--not even acts of love or hate--as the discovery that one is not alone. ~Robert Ardrey

Today I am grateful...
  • for the honesty of first step meetings. Last night a gentleman shared at his first meeting. That kind of bravery I didn't have.
  • that change is the only constant and no matter what is going on, this too shall pass
  • that I am constantly finding small pebbles over which to stumble
  • for messages of support from friends that are just enjoying such a beautiful day in their life
  • that because I am not immune to alcoholism I have been given powerful tools to combat it
We have every reason to look forward into the future with hope and excitement. Fear nothing and no one. Work honestly. Be good, be happy. And remember that each of you is unique, your soul your own, irreplaceable and individual in the miracle of your mortal frame. ~ Pearl S. Buck

7 comments:

JeremyRT said...

You've brought tears to my eyes today, tears of joy. I adore that first quote.

Have a great Tueday

Mary Christine said...

You've brought strain to my eyes today. What happened to your font?

Lou said...

You brought bifocals to my eyes today. I was trying to see if you were in that picture with the grassy building.

Scott W said...

I am having to use Firefox and I can't control the font sizes for some reason.

peet said...

I find that it takes courage
still to share at meetings.

Pete.

Tall Kay said...

"Newcomers share at safe meetings". I love that kind of bravery too! Usually changes the whole meeting :o)

Zanejabbers said...

Thanks for the update on Pammie in yesterday's post.