IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Monday, November 2, 2009

11.02.09

Those who are awake live in a state of constant amazement. ~Buddha

Today I am grateful...
  • that last night I was feeling antsy, bored, fitful, wanting to eat. A friend suggested I walk outside. Such a simple solution.
  • for the floodlights on the apartment building down the street. The sprinkler's cool spray on the heat of the lightbulb made the nicest spritzy, foggy mist.
  • that we are not a glum lot, usually
  • that I can be emotionally vulnerable and available at the same time
  • that despair and loneliness have been chased away by step 11

God will see that you are kept filled as long as you are giving to others. But if you selfishly try to keep all for yourself, you are soon blocked off from God, your source of supply, and you will become stagnant. ~Twenty-Four Hours a Day

8 comments:

dAAve said...

I'll bet that floodlight and sprinkler would have made for quite a beautiful photograph.

Lou said...

Another great quote (Buddha). You sure can pick 'em.

Enchanted Oak said...

Loved that Twenty-Four Hours a Day meditation for today. Pop over for a visit today, why don't you?
Chris A

Tall Kay said...

Well that settles it...I'm not dreaming. The daily practice of Step 11 really does change the world, doesn't it?

Findon said...

No we're not a glum lot, we need to laugh until we cry. A great medicine.

JeremyRT said...

I do live in constant amazement it seems, I like that.

Syd said...

There are simple solutions to so many things. I forever looked for the complex when the answers are right there in front of me.

Mary Christine said...

A sprinkler in November sounds like a recipe for plumbing disaster - oh wait, that is in Colorado, not Texas.