IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

10.21.09

We will want the good that is in us all, even in the worst of us, to flower and to grow. ~Bill W
.
Today I am grateful...
  • that sometimes life is so different I do not recognize it as mine
  • for God's winks
  • for evolving in recovery
  • that step three clears a path for my life to blossom
  • that patience in the creative process is rewarded

Today I have a healthy respect for what the majority may feel but I also trust and follow my conscience. I know that to be in the minority is not necessarily to be in the wrong. My recovery insists that I listen to my conscience, that inner self that is based on a program of honesty, that spiritual cornerstone of my life that I have come to trust. ~Fr Leo

12 comments:

Syd said...

I like the Fr Leo quote. I go with my gut feelings on most things. And I've never been afraid to swim against the tide of popular opinion.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I never understood what the majority has. I like what I have. Perhaps that is the start for an attitude of gratitude.

Ed G. said...

Here's to growing the good...

Blessings and aloha...

Tall Kay said...

I still have to run the gut feelings by someone else...just to make sure my head isn't trying to trick me!

JeremyRT said...

A lovely list today
thank you

Pammie said...

Ah ha...that is where I am messing up - "that patience in the creative process is rewarded"
I holler at paint and glue to dry NOW.

Lou said...

Father Leo nails it again!

Tari said...

That life is so different... yeah, that! 10 years ago I never could have imagined the life I have now.

Bill said...

God's winks
...I'm liking that.

Mary Christine said...

I think following your conscience usually puts you in a minority of some sort.

Zanejabbers said...

Simply Hi. Always love F. Leo.

Findon said...

A sometimes rocky road to choose, but all, the better for it. I have to make sure, its my conscience andf not my ego though, thats always tripping me up.