Accepting [a] gift with gratitude and using it to the best of our ability is true humility. ~Daily Om
Today I am grateful...
- that life in recovery has awesome moments
- to see AP and BS in their improv debut. It was the kind of fun where laughter takes over and just goes and goes...
- to ride in Dave's new, old, Caddy and have the cool night air swirl around me as we chatted about how life in recovery just keeps getting better and better
- for fellowship that included AP's kids and more laughter
- that late last night a friend and I were having a conversation via email/FB. We had seen our friend Angela last night, I had left a link to My Love by Petula Clark on his wall and told him a story about being in college and a friend who got a used copy of Color Me Barbra. Inside the album cover was a greeting card sent from one man to his lover in Vietnam. It said "I'm lying here listening to our girl, Pet Clark." Back in that dorm room we were taken by that and wondered what happened to those two guys. During all this, last night, I got a comment on yesterday's post from Nikki about how she found me by Googling unsalty tears and it concerned soldiers in war times (read her comment) and noticed on my sidebar the painting of Angela's dogs. She related the Native American story behind it, which Angela shares and was the impetus behind the painting. BB and I had shared that story last night, had been with AP and her kids, and Nikki found all that and left her comment. The whole circle of those events left me astonished.
Knowing Gods gift of inner strength and courage, I move forward with the things that once terrified me. ~Shelly