- that the program of Alcoholics Anonymous has changed many things I thought to be true when I was active in my addiction
- that my mind was ready to accept the language of recovery
- for Herb and Dorothy. The incredible true story of a postal worker and a librarian who built a world-class art collection. It showed on PBS last night. They are so cute, so small, so dedicated to collecting their art. It is valued at hundreds of millions of dollars, yet they have never sold one piece and have donated all of it back to the people of the United States. Left me in awe.
- that today will purr along. I can go along with it or I can spit and arch my back. Guess it's my choice.
- that we are one more day closer to total fall weather (it's hot and humid and icky outside)
The alarming thing about pride-blindness is the ease with which it is justified. But we need not look far to see that self-justification is a universal destroyer of harmony and of love. It sets man against man, nation against nation. By it, every form of folly and violence can be made to look right, and even respectable. ~Bill W