- when someone shares their difficulties and they start crying. It makes me love our beautiful program even more.
- that yesterday was a 'wear me out day'--work was busy, busy, busy...made two meetings, dinner with friends, managed to nap for fifteen minutes in the middle of all that and found myself nodding off in front of the computer. Fell into bed and don't remember anything after that.
- that I am sure it has happened before, but I don't remember cool weather coming as early as it has this year. I also don't remember a hotter summer and am grateful it has tucked its tail in and run away.
- for those that show me how relationships work in sobriety
- that today, really, it's all good
Today I am an alcoholic. Tomorrow will be no different. My alcoholism lives within me now and forever. I must never forget what I am. Alcohol will surely kill me if I fail to recognize and acknowledge my disease on a daily basis. I am not playing a game in which a loss is a temporary setback. I am dealing with my disease, for which there is no cure, only daily acceptance and vigilance. ~Daily Reflections