IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Thursday, September 24, 2009

09.24.09

While you may fear what seems to be the inevitable fall, consider that in all likelihood you will find yourself flying. ~Daily Om
.
Today I am grateful...
  • when someone shares their difficulties and they start crying. It makes me love our beautiful program even more.
  • that yesterday was a 'wear me out day'--work was busy, busy, busy...made two meetings, dinner with friends, managed to nap for fifteen minutes in the middle of all that and found myself nodding off in front of the computer. Fell into bed and don't remember anything after that.
  • that I am sure it has happened before, but I don't remember cool weather coming as early as it has this year. I also don't remember a hotter summer and am grateful it has tucked its tail in and run away.
  • for those that show me how relationships work in sobriety
  • that today, really, it's all good

Today I am an alcoholic. Tomorrow will be no different. My alcoholism lives within me now and forever. I must never forget what I am. Alcohol will surely kill me if I fail to recognize and acknowledge my disease on a daily basis. I am not playing a game in which a loss is a temporary setback. I am dealing with my disease, for which there is no cure, only daily acceptance and vigilance. ~Daily Reflections

8 comments:

Tall Kay said...

Faith that we can fly! Today really is all good! I think your hot weather has traveled west..ugh!

dAAve said...

Thank you for your list today, Mr SW.

Anonymous said...

it is really all good today - thanks for reminding me of that, scott, my friend.

Ed G. said...

Sounds nearly perfect to me...

Blessings and aloha...

Syd said...

It seems I have those wear me out days at least 3 days a week. I needed a break last night so I went to bed at 8 PM. That hasn't happened in a long time.

Mary Christine said...

I am at the end of a wear me out day right now.. and I am plumb wore out.

Pammie said...

I love a fall asleep instantly day.

Anonymous said...

i too am grateful for the cool front with fall leaves everywhere.