- that the weekend ended on a quiet, peaceful note
- that Fall officially starts tomorrow!
- to be sober amongst the sober
- that I wound up, after all, in the winner's circle
- that I have no craving for alcohol or nicotine or to overeat
Today I understand that sobriety is more than "not picking up the first drink"; it involves quiet acts of kindness to myself and others. God works through me -- through my hands, my smile, my voice, my love and my acceptance. When an opportunity arises for me to be ordinarily kind, I intend to give it; God knows I have needed such kindnesses from others in the past. ~Fr Leo