IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Monday, September 21, 2009

09.21.09

Love doesn’t make the world go around. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. ~Franklin Jones
.
Today I am grateful...
  • that the weekend ended on a quiet, peaceful note
  • that Fall officially starts tomorrow!
  • to be sober amongst the sober
  • that I wound up, after all, in the winner's circle
  • that I have no craving for alcohol or nicotine or to overeat

Today I understand that sobriety is more than "not picking up the first drink"; it involves quiet acts of kindness to myself and others. God works through me -- through my hands, my smile, my voice, my love and my acceptance. When an opportunity arises for me to be ordinarily kind, I intend to give it; God knows I have needed such kindnesses from others in the past. ~Fr Leo

8 comments:

Cindy said...

I love your gratitude list today. It helped direct my thoughts towards my own.

dAAve said...

Recovery is so much more than just being sober.

Tall Kay said...

Beautiful reminder to practice kindness everywhere I go today. Thanks Scott. Happy Monday!

Ed G. said...

You mean money doesn't make the world go around?

...oh, yeah, fall...

Blessings and aloha...

Lou said...

Father Leo has got it going on.

Syd said...

What Dave said is so true. I have no cravings today either...well, maybe more sleep.

Mary Christine said...

So many things...

pscharnett said...

I'm looking to cultivate that attitude of gratitude in my own life. I'm addicted to something different, but I know that it can be overcome. I'm truly inspired