IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

09.15.09

We find it hard to believe that other people's thoughts are as silly as our own, but they probably are. ~James Harvey Robinson
.
Today I am grateful...

  • that my post partum depression seems to have lifted. One-on-one time with another alcoholic does wonders in what becomes of self-centered thoughts.
  • that a friend and I went to meeting in another fellowship and realized that was not the place for us
  • that today I will pay my quarterly taxes, moving a little money from savings to do that
  • that flexible schedules sure beats what I used to do
  • that Bunny farted while I was praying and it made me laugh!

The TWELVE Rewards

  1. HOPE instead of desperation
  2. FAITH instead of despair
  3. COURAGE instead of fear
  4. PEACE OF MIND instead of confusion
  5. SELF-RESPECT instead of self-contempt
  6. SELF-CONFIDENCE instead of helplessness
  7. The RESPECT of others instead of their pity and contempt
  8. A CLEAN CONSCIENCE instead of a sense of guilt
  9. REAL FRIENDSHIPS instead of loneliness
  10. A CLEAN PATTERN of Life instead of a purposeless existence
  11. The LOVE and UNDERSTANDING of our families instead of their doubts and fears
  12. The FREEDOM of a HAPPY LIFE instead of the bondage of addictive obsessions

Did you submit a name for the painting below?

7 comments:

Tall Kay said...

Thanks for the reminder of taxes due today...I almost forgot.

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting the rewards!

dAAve said...

I can identify with most of that, except Bunny farting. I have yet to experience that pleasure.

I raided my savings last week to pay those damn taxes.

Unknown said...

Speaking of silly things..
When I eat burritos, I fart, and the dogs leave the room...

I will go now.

Namaste :-D

Ed G. said...

Thanx for the reminder of taxes. I find that having no income as a solution to paying taxes is not a sustainable proposition. I aspire to once again pay taxes.

If a bunny farts in the woods...

Blessings and aloha...

Syd said...

I had to laugh about Bunny. Dog farts aren't very pleasant. But then most flatulence isn't.

Mary Christine said...

Taxes. I wonder how my cut in pay will affect my taxes. sorry.