No man can think clearly when his fists are clenched. ~George Jean Nathan
Today I am grateful...
- that I can admit to myself that I am having some post partum depression after the Saturday night event ended
- for my favorite slogan, "This too shall pass"
- for departure from my usual Sunday morning routine. I was invited to brunch at a friend's where we ate, played games with her kids and talked a lot about recovery.
- for the gift of the experience of doing the next right, loving thing. It has and will carry me forward.
- that I offer my will and my life to the care of my Higher Power every day
Who or what do you want to become? A good parent? A sober, recovering person? A good girlfriend, boyfriend, or spouse? Do you want to become happy, peaceful, tolerant? Don't wait until you're successful to tell yourself you're that. Start now by saying you are what you want to become instead of reinforcing the words I'm not. Yes, you have much to learn. Yes, there's a ways to go on that path. And you may not be proficient at it, or an expert,yet. But you don't have to be to say those two little words I am. ~More Language of Letting Go