IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Monday, September 7, 2009

09.07.09

Getting angry can sometimes be like leaping into a wonderfully responsive sports car, gunning the motor, taking off at high speed and then discovering the brakes are out of order.~Maggie Scarf
.
Today I am grateful...
  • for a weekend of leisure
  • that I would seriously rather be happy than be right
  • for one of the most important tools I have, another alcoholic to talk to
  • for Murray State Univ where I burned the doors to the closet
  • for my HS art teacher, Jan Floyd, who constantly said to me ‘Go your own way, do your own thing’
  • for the cord that lets me come back to the body after dreaming
  • that it's pretty much ALL GOOD!
[T]he man with the grown-up brain and the childish emotions - vanity, self-interest, false pride, jealousy, longing for social approval, to name a few - becomes a prime candidate for alcohol. To my way of thinking, that is a definition of alcoholism; a state of being in which the emotions have failed to grow to the stature of the intellect. ~Experience, Strength & Hope, pg. 411

5 comments:

dAAve said...

carpe manana

Tall Kay said...

Excellent quotes today...I think I need my brakes fixed :o)

Lou said...

It's great to remember a teacher that made a difference in our lives.

Anonymous said...

yeah - burn those doors!

Syd said...

The grown up man with childish emotions answers a lot for me. I read and understand that.