- that since the scales showed me up two pounds this morning it will be a day of sensible eating, lots of salad, and I am good with that
- that I opened the gallery for a private showing last night and the good prospect of a purchase
- for dinner last night at a local diner where I saw lots of recovery people, lots of cute men and had good food (plus a stimulus brownie for $1--it even had a little scoop of ice cream on top)
- that it is decidedly cooler this morning. After such a sweltering summer it's a nice change.
- that today is what it is and will be what it will be
What it was like. What happened. What it is like today. Memory. If I am to stay sober, I need to remember. I need to remember on a daily basis. I must never forget.
My memory is the key to my recovery. Spirituality is about "seeing" -- seeing my life as it is, rather than how I imagined or hoped it would be. My pain belongs in my life because it is mine! Alcohol always works; but does it work for me or against me? My remembering helps me answer that question today and hopefully tomorrow. ~Fr Leo