- for the powerful first step meeting last night. I got to sit between two of my favorite people on Earth, Dave and Bryan
- that I made it home without wetting my pants last night, I had to go when I left Lambda, then I went grocery shopping and it wasn't too bad--thought I could easily wait until I got home. But there is something about pulling into your parking spot, gathering up the bags of groceries and then the key fumbling starts, can't get the bags set down properly, then barely making it into the bathroom. But then...aaaahhhhhh...
- that last night someone said to me that I was one of the saddest people they had ever met in their early recovery, that they were a pretty good judge of people, that they didn't see that inside was a joyous, talented person. I said, "I went from sad to GLAD!"
- that recovery absolutely astounds me on a daily basis
- that the practice of gratitude has propelled me into another dimension
You are the creator of your own Serenity. It lives and breathes within your desire for Recovery. It is no mystery. It is a conscious choice. Serenity is born and flourishes, with the help of your Higher Power, through your own efforts to maintain order, stability and self-discipline within your everyday life. Serenity is a daily gift you give to yourself. Be generous! ~Lumpy Karma