For years I rushed around being busy and I missed me. ~Fr Leo
Today I am grateful...
- for the odd phenomenon of Friday afternoon frustrations. When I am anxious to get home everyone seems to slow down. It's weird I tell ya.
- for the glorious show Mother Nature gave us last night
- for all the little glories in my life. I have had so many little joys lately, stuff that makes me simply happy to be in their company
- that I have loving and positive people in my life today
- for connections that answer many of my questions
- to replace old fears with positive thoughts and actions
- that any hiding out today is relatively small compared to the elaborate isolating behaviors of my past. Many things diminish in importance when exposed to the light.
- that today will give me what I put into it
And then one ill-defined day, one day I can't recall, I stepped across the line that alcoholics know so well, and from that day on drinking was miserable. ~Big Book p. 346