- for free Wednesdays where I have no schedule except what makes me happy. Had one of those yesterday and it was grand.
- that I got the two pieces framed for the show, now to trot them back up there and get them hung
- that I have watched so many people grow through the recovery program of Alcoholics Anonymous. I see people get 12 years and remember when I came into the program they had 6. I see people that came in and got it, they get a couple years and I know from seeing all this that I have been pulled along by the program.
- that My Higher Power has shown me some things that just seem like secrets--stuff I would have never been privilege to know or experience while drunk. I like being on that side of things.
- that the Serenity Prayer was my Mom's favorite
Today I know that I belong. I am not alone. I do not exist outside of the human race. I am an important part of this world.
Addiction makes us feel different, separated and isolated. It keeps us divided within ourselves, our family and relationships. So long as it can do this, it wins.
Now I know that I belong. I make up a part of the whole. Something of this universe is mine.
I am not an island unto myself. I am an essential part of the human race. I am at home in my world. ~Fr Leo