When you see a snake, never mind where he came from. ~W. G. Benham
Today I am grateful...
- to have slept well and the sciatic pain is less this morning
- when I find someone who shares the passion for recovery, who gets the joke and is equally responsible for the joke--and for the ease of conversation all that offers
- to marvel at being impressed with someone with a few months of sobriety when their share respects the traditions, and to watch someone with long term share about the same thing and violate traditions all over the place
- that my art keeps teaching me as I go. It is a totally mysterious process to me.
- that today can be as good as I make it, and even better than that!
So many alcoholics have died looking for "the problem" that made them drink. The wife, family, neighborhood or unemployment was why they thought they got drunk. They died seeking a reason. ~Fr Leo