IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Friday, August 7, 2009

08.07.09 = out of order

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. ~Nido Qubein
.
Today I am grateful...
  • that yesterday I removed myself from a situation that was out of my control
  • that Bunny and I hope to be first in line this morning for his heart worm check up and meds
  • that if I take my time every morning, there is peace to start my day
  • that there are some things I don't know
  • that there are things I will learn today
  • that since I am an alcoholic, today I have the choice to be a recovering alcoholic. I will make that choice by practicing my program.

We discover that who we are has always been good enough. It is who we were intended to be. ~Marianne Williamson

12 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Happy Friday Scott!

Lou said...

The quote by Qubein (?) is wonderully uplifting.

PS (waving at Bunny)

Pammie said...

love the first quote.
love being first in line.
love that I know everything.
love that I know that's false.
hope you love today.

Tall Kay said...

No more outside now that you found the inside! I so love that comment! Thanks Scott...and the reminder to take time to find peace 1st thing this morning. Good luck with the Bunny tests today.

dAAve said...

Instead of leaving a comment on the picture (above), I thought I'd leave a comment here.

Unknown said...

It is so nice to be reminded that I am exactly who i am meant to be!

Namaste

Ed G. said...

Here's to starting where we are...

Blessings and aloha...

Syd said...

Good stuff Scott. I hope that Bunny had a good visit. My heart dog has a bladder infection but she is still doing well for a 14 year old.

Zanejabbers said...

Hi Scott. I was here.

Anonymous :) said...

Great decision you make every day to stay sober. The world is a better place because you're in it.

Sage Ravenwood said...

I like that idea to slow down, take your time and start your day with peace. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

i really like that first quote too, i am sync with your posts :)