IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

08.04.09

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. ~Judy Garland
.
Today I am grateful...
  • for a sign yesterday that I am moving and thinking in the right direction
  • that I do not have to take anti-depressants. I did years ago and they helped me immensely, and they continue to help countless others. I am just really, really grateful to be able to live without them.
  • for spiritual maintenance in all its forms
  • that the property I live on, which housed a local NA group for years, continues to provide healing energy
  • that today I do not have to put any alcohol into my body and have no desire to do so. That is a constant miracle.

Have compassion for yourself and others. Everyone is doing the best they can based on their life experiences. Everyone is learning and growing, and so are you. ~Doc Childre and Sara Paddison

9 comments:

Ed G. said...

I'm lucky some days to be a 3rd-rate parody of nobody in particular.

...but, on a good day, I get to try to be the ---- that God wants me to be...

Blessings and aloha...

Syd said...

I also believe that people are doing what they can do. Some just do better than others. And we all learn and grow in various ways.

dAAve said...

I didn't know you are moving. When? Is NA coming back to your house? Will Bunny stay and help them? Is Chicken Fried Steak really fattening?

Tall Kay said...

I'm looking for that sign today...the one that says I'm moving in the right direction. I am going to keep my eyes wide open. Thanks Scott.

Lou said...

I like that about the healing energy. I feel that about some places, and I also feel negative energy.

Mary Christine said...

I am also really grateful to not be taking antidepressants.

Pammie said...

I am so very grateful that one of my children is able to function and go to meetings because of antidepressants.

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to possibly getting 'It's No Game' for my friend in Colorado! He loves your work, maybe as much as I do.

Anonymous said...

i love that you live on recovery property. it makes me wonder if it was a longer history of healing than just what you are aware of.

i hope to some day come off of my antidepressant. i've done it before, so i know it's possible.