IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Thursday, July 16, 2009

07.16.09

We can't all be heroes because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by. ~Will Rogers
.
Today I am grateful...
  • to be a day closer to autumn
  • to watch the program grow up around someone, then hear their recounting of that journey
  • that yesterday I got to sit by Dave at lunch
  • that someone posted a video of Mama Cass singing "Dream a Little Dream of Me" and it's been playing in my head. I love that song.
  • that today I choose life

Humility is being thankful for the chance to watch the parade. There were days we thought that all that counted were the heroes. But our program has no heroes. It has many fine, spiritual people. . . but no heroes.

When someone is needed to make coffee or pick up after a meeting, we can be willing to do those things. Let's look at doing these little jobs as our way of looking for a good spot on the curb. . . .to watch the parade! The floats are so colorful, and the bands play so loud(ly)! ~Keep It Simple

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm grateful that today i choose life as well - well put!

Syd said...

I like the quote about humility. It must be fun sitting by Dave.

Lou said...

Love that Will Rogers quote.

dAAve said...

Had I known how much you like that song, I would have been more than glad to sing it to you during lunch. I'll try to remember that for the next time. We can call it a cuisong.

Pammie said...

Oh sweet darlin man.....autum is so very far away.

Mary Christine said...

I love that song too. And I would like to sit by you and Dave at lunch.

Zanejabbers said...

I may be a curb watcher, but the parade has never passed me by.It just keeps on going - like that damned rabbit.

Tall Kay said...

And I thought they should have a parade when I got 30 days of sobriety! Now I'm learning to look for the good seat on the curb too...

Daily said...

amen on the heroes and hero worship. i hope to one day sit with dave at lunch too. or dinner, or at a meeting. i'm not picky.