IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

07.07.09

Your job, your invitation from the Universe, is to give people back to themselves. All you have to do is look for the best in that person, and then show it to them, right then and there. Describe it. Admire it. Thank them for it. ~N. D. Walsh
.
Today I am grateful...
  • that it's raining. It's gloriously dark outside.
  • that I go for bloodletting and lab work this morning
  • that someone asked me to design 5 flying pig tattoos for them
  • for the great first step Beginners meeting last night
  • that I met with a new sponsee for the first time
  • that I am not in soulless Los Angeles today for the media circus
  • that today can be whatever I make it

Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we have learned here. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and the acceptance of love back into our hearts. ~Marianne Williamson

12 comments:

Trailboss said...

Good quote from N.D. Walsh. Have a fruitful dark and rainy day So.

Lou said...

I'm glad I'm even farther away from LA than you are!

Wait. What? said...

' the unlearning of fear...' this was perfect for me to read today.

Enjoy your rainy weather. hreat photo.

Syd said...

I'm not in LA either. Thank goodness. And it looks like rain today too.

dAAve said...

Glad you have a new sponsee.

Can it possibly be a coincidence that the Barnum & Bailey Circus begins at Staples Center in LA -- tomorrow?

Pammie said...

I'm glad that I did not have to dress up today for that event.
I'm diggin' the rain mi amigo.

JeremyRT said...

I love that Williamson quote - beautiful.

I too am over the coverage and have been avoiding it at all costs.

Let the poor man alone

Tall Kay said...

OK...just say it...you're all just grateful you're not me, right? LOL

I'm actually 40 miles south and without the TV on, it is not affecting my life at all today!

OK...it's not all about me...returning from the fear to the love.

steveroni said...

dAAve, it's called the "Barnum and Bailey FIVE"

Scott W (sorry for the remark to another comment!) you are the first person that I have met who calls it "bloodletting".

Besides me. It's always been my favorite term for the "arm-to-vial" needle gig.

Mary Christine said...

I am about as far away from the staples center and still be in the US - but I still saw some of it tonight.

Zanejabbers said...

I saw bit and pieces of the MJ service and it was not the spectacle I expected. I thought is rather strange when I was surfing the news this AM (yes AM) and in an MJ piece there was a picture of three elephants on a sidestreet near Staples Center. I damned near fell out. Then saw it was B & B.

Tall Kay said...

RE to your comment: Yes, very close to Laguna Beach. One city inland...more Irvine-ish. Take the bike to the beach along Laguna Canyon Road quite often. The Canyon Club is about 7 miles away. You get an "A" in CA geography!