IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Sunday, June 28, 2009

06.28.09

When we are tempted by the bait, we should train ourselves to step back and think. We can neither think nor act to good purpose until the habit of self-restraint has become automatic. ~Bill W
.
Today I am grateful...
  • that today's meditations are just what I needed
  • for prayers to be shown the next right and loving thing
  • for Boston's call last night which took me right out of my self
  • for the program of AA. It works!

We need to practice being human. Humans aren't perfect. In Steps Six and Seven, we face our human limits and our shortcomings. We then start the lifelong job of letting them go. To accept our human limits leads us to our Higher Power. We see how we need a guide in life. Our Higher Power makes a perfect guide. ~Keep It Simple

9 comments:

Ed G. said...

Step back and think - that's a new reaction for me...

Thank God for AA...

Blessings...

Carol said...

My newest mantra, Let Go-Trust God-Stay in the Moment. Life can be so good if I practice this for myself (with God's grace).

Tall Kay said...

'Habit of self-restraint'? Does it ever really become automatic? I have hope...

Mary Christine said...

It works! It really does!

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Yup! I hear ya!

Zanejabbers said...

Where would we be if not for Bill W

Pammie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT DARLIN'!!!!

Syd said...

I like to get out of myself. I just have to watch that I don't give up myself for anyone else. Important distinction.

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed our conversation, too!