IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Thursday, June 25, 2009

06.25.09

It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~Ursula K. LeGuin
.
Today I am grateful...
  • that whatever it is I don't have to do it all today
  • that lately, though it's been hard to continue, I keep blogging. I am a bit burnt out for the past few days.
  • for the bliss of air conditioned interiors. I cannot believe this heat.
  • that I have enough for today--have always had enough for every day.
  • for continued prayers to have my thoughts rearranged today, from those of a crazy drunk to those of a sober man in recovery. My mind desperately wants to agitate me today with its thoughts.

Progress, not perfection. No matter how long you have been in recovery, no matter how long you have worked the steps, you will never raise above the level of human being. ~Pocket Sponsor

7 comments:

Syd said...

Strangely I feel the same burnt out feeling. Just not right within myself these last couple of days. Maybe it's the heat here as well.

Tall Kay said...

I am grateful that you have continued to blog. You remind me of the things I forgot to put on my gratitude list today. Pray for peace...it will come.

Lou said...

The blogging malaise comes and goes. You'll be back liking it soon.

I like the new painting.

Ed G. said...

I appreciate your blog and hope you continue as long as your supposed to and not one day longer.

Blessings...

dAAve said...

it's the heat

Mary Christine said...

I'm not liking blogging right now either.

Anonymous said...

I'll send you good thoughts. P.S. I love you and enjoy your blog.