IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Monday, June 22, 2009

06.22.09

What upsets you is not what happens. What upsets you is your response to what happens. ~Ralph Marston
.
Today I am grateful...
  • to continue to send prayers for my nephew, who just keeps on fighting his disease
  • that I finally--FINALLY--found it easier to surrender than to keep the fight going
  • that this heat wave will pass, but in the mean time, it's difficult
  • for smiles that start in the heart
  • that everyday I am given a reprieve
  • that all my old thoughts of my drinking days, those thoughts about alcohol and maintaining have been replaced with thoughts of recovery
  • that in sobriety I have a place in life

The only way to keep calm in this troubled world is to have a serene mind. The calm and sane mind sees spiritual things as only temporary and fleeting. That sort of mind you can never obtain by reasoning, because your reasoning powers are limited by space and time. ~Twenty-Four Hours a Day

7 comments:

Gin said...

Smiles that start in the heart...sigh...those are the best smiles ever!

Shannon said...

good stuff scott!! smiling at you from my heart!

Tall Kay said...

I am so EXCITED about your art show and Lou coming to visit! We really do get a chance to live again in sobriety. What a gift!

Trailboss said...

Prayers daily, sometimes hourly from here too So. I hope that someday he "gets" it. Until then...........

Lou said...

This post made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Ed G. said...

A "smile from the heart" is a nice image...

Thank you...

Blessings and aloha...

Syd said...

I hope that the heat wave will pass too.
It's nice to have the old thoughts replaced with something different.