IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Thursday, June 18, 2009

06.18.09

Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions. ~Earl Gray Stevens
.
Today I am grateful...
  • that I was able to be of service when Dave asked me to stand in for the speaker who had to cancel last minute yesterday. Every time I have told my story I have not had time to prepare, thus less nervous time.
  • that I live the life of a privileged king compared to the lives of many in this world
  • for my Internet radio
  • that today I have the means and the desire and the ability to stay sober another day
  • that today came along just in time

Whatever situation I'm in today, if I know I'm on the right path, I'll not be swayed by the opinions and comments of others. Their opinions cannot affect me if I know I'm doing the right thing. ~Walk in Dry Places

7 comments:

Tall Kay said...

Good Morning Scott. Nice to meet you. I really like your attitude of gratitude. I'm gonna link and be back often. Have a great day! TK

Syd said...

I am sure that you did a great job. I'm sure that your story was full of the solution.

Ed G. said...

I love the whole right path thing - best part of life to be around...

Bill said...

I'll bet there wasn't a dry eye in the house...in a sober sorta way.
I wish I'd been there!

dAAve said...

Today perty nearley started late.

Mary Christine said...

I wish I could have been at that meeting to hear your story.

Anonymous said...

i too enjoy speaking on a dime like that so i don't have time to think about anything :)

would love to hear your talk!!!!